Thank you to all who joined our webinar on June 1, and a big thank you to our presenter, Robin […]
Hello neighbour, The next educational webinar hosted by the LBPOA is on healthy septics. The North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority […]
Caring for Lake Bernard
Why Become a Member?
Welcome new and returning Lake Bernard Property Owners! Our board has been very busy and we hope you appreciate what we have been able to provide you, our members!
– We surveyed all town and township candidates for the 2018 Elections regarding their views on Septic Inspections, Invasive Species, Road Condition around the Lake and Lake Water Levels. We hope you found their responses helpful when it came time to vote!
– We have had a LBPOA Director attend both the FOCA Fall & Spring Seminar and AGM to ensure our association is up to date on the work FOCA is doing on our association’s behalf (FOCA acts as an information bridge between policy-makers and property owners and thus is a resource for lake health, land use, rural safety and emergency preparedness in the face of extreme weather. FOCA represents more than 500 Property Associations and as a result is also able to provide discounts to lake property owners on items ranging from insurance to docks!)
– We have provided support to those petitioning the Ministry of the Environment who asked that our lake level be lowered prior to winter. As a result there has been no reported ice damage to lake property this year.
– We support the campaign to fight phragmites.
– We will be resuming regular testing of our lake water this year, in conjunction with the Ministry of Health.
– We have implemented a new payment service offered by FOCA to its member associations. The new payment service will allow us to collect dues more efficiently and connect with you more easily. We hope you enjoy this new service.
– We introduced a new event called “Cheers to Summer!” This exciting event was held at the beginning of July to welcome members and kick off the summer season. It allowed new and old, cottagers and permanent lake residents to connect and have some fun. This was the first time a member event like this was hosted in years and we’re so glad that so many of you could come. Over 200 members and their guests attended. We are hoping to make this an annual event.
– We introduced LBPOA Golf in summer 2019! It was held at The Ridge on Sundays throughout July and August. We offered a drop in league for adults in the morning and drop in group lessons for kids in the afternoon. We hope to make this an annual tradition.
– We strive to provide the latest information, through our website, email and Facebook, regarding local happenings that may impact our members
– We have been working hard through a variety of means to not just retain members but to increase membership by improving actions and communication that show the great value in being a member of the Lake Bernard Property Owners Association…we hope you’ll agree!
Discounts for Members
Current members of the LBPOA are eligible for many discounts on purchases. For example:
- Discounted home defibrillators for our members from Action First Aid. www.foca.on.ca/action-first-aid-aed-offer/
- Discounts on insurance for properties and road associations through www.cottagefirst.com/
- Cottage Life magazine subscription for $24.95 for 1 year + 1 free issue, including free digital access;
- National Observer digital subscription for 50% off;
- Canadian Canoe Museum membership for 30% off.
Go to https://foca.on.ca/member-services/benefits/ any time to check out current offers available to members like us! You need to have a current LBPOA membership to qualify.
Lake Bernard clothing is here! Show off your Lake Bernard pride in a new T-shirt, sweatshirt or hat…even onesies are available for our youngest members. Please go to https://lakebernard.myeshop.ca by June 9th to make your purchase. Items will be shipped by the end of June directly to you.
Who we are:
We are your Lake Bernard Property Owners’ Association, a community of property owners around the lake with a shared interest in protecting and improving the beautiful environment and community of Lake Bernard, Ontario. On this website we hope to keep you up to date with local news, events and issues you are interested in..
Our mission statement:
The LBPOA takes seriously our collective responsibility to preserve the legacy of our lake. We hope you will enjoy and help protect our most precious resource. We act:
a. To safeguard and promote the interests of the owners of real property in the district surrounding Lake Bernard,
b. To consider and promote all matters relating to the welfare of the community in the district surrounding Lake Bernard, and
c. To plan, recommend and promote the adoption of such measures as will tend to beautify and improve the community.
The largest freshwater lake in the world without an island:
Residents on the shores of beautiful Lake Bernard are passionate about our lake! Its claim to fame is as the largest fresh-water lake in the world without an island, but we know it as a large, quiet lake great for swimming, sailing, canoeing, waterskiing, fishing and so much more. The friendly community of Sundridge at the north end of Lake Bernard and the surrounding area around the lake offer holiday accommodations, great restaurants and all the services vacationers might need. Lake Bernard is truly a four-season lake with beautiful fall hiking and bicycling as well as winter snowmobiling, dog sledding, skating and ice fishing.
For more information on Lake Bernard, the Village of Sundridge, the Township of Strong, our region known as the Almaguin Highlands and one of our largest festivals of the year, have a look at the following online resources: