One of the perks of your LBPOA membership is access to information and benefits through the Federation of Ontario Cottagers […]
In this Issue President’s message Thanksgiving recipe exchange Summer 2020 in review Board update Projects we’re working on for the […]
On July 28, 2020, the LBPOA Lake Steward Alan Burt hosted a webinar about blue green algae. Thank you to […]
NOTICE: Blue-green algae was found on Lake Bernard in early July 2020. See below for a news release announcing this […]
Virtual Pancake Breakfast
Boat Parade - Pirate Theme
LBPOA Golf Tournament
Caring for Lake Bernard
Why Become a Member?
Welcome new and returning Lake Bernard Property Owners! Our board has been very busy and we hope you appreciate what we have been able to provide you, our members!
– We surveyed all town and township candidates for the 2018 Elections regarding their views on Septic Inspections, Invasive Species, Road Condition around the Lake and Lake Water Levels. We hope you found their responses helpful when it came time to vote!
– We have had a LBPOA Director attend both the FOCA Fall & Spring Seminar and AGM to ensure our association is up to date on the work FOCA is doing on our association’s behalf (FOCA acts as an information bridge between policy-makers and property owners and thus is a resource for lake health, land use, rural safety and emergency preparedness in the face of extreme weather. FOCA represents more than 500 Property Associations and as a result is also able to provide discounts to lake property owners on items ranging from insurance to docks!)
– We have provided support to those petitioning the Ministry of the Environment who asked that our lake level be lowered prior to winter. As a result there has been no reported ice damage to lake property this year.
– We support the campaign to fight phragmites.
– We will be resuming regular testing of our lake water this year, in conjunction with the Ministry of Health.
– We have implemented a new payment service offered by FOCA to its member associations. The new payment service will allow us to collect dues more efficiently and connect with you more easily. We hope you enjoy this new service.
– We introduced a new event called “Cheers to Summer!” This exciting event was held at the beginning of July to welcome members and kick off the summer season. It allowed new and old, cottagers and permanent lake residents to connect and have some fun. This was the first time a member event like this was hosted in years and we’re so glad that so many of you could come. Over 200 members and their guests attended. We are hoping to make this an annual event.
– We introduced LBPOA Golf in summer 2019! It was held at The Ridge on Sundays throughout July and August. We offered a drop in league for adults in the morning and drop in group lessons for kids in the afternoon. We hope to make this an annual tradition.
– We strive to provide the latest information, through our website, email and Facebook, regarding local happenings that may impact our members
– We have been working hard through a variety of means to not just retain members but to increase membership by improving actions and communication that show the great value in being a member of the Lake Bernard Property Owners Association…we hope you’ll agree!
Discounts for Members
Current members of the LBPOA are eligible for many discounts on purchases. For example:
- 10% off Dock in a Box docks or boat lift kits. Go to foca.on.ca/dockinabox-offer;
- Cottage Life magazine subscription for $24/8 issues including free digital access;
- Discounts on insurance for properties and road associations through cadeinsurance.com/foca;
- Invisirail glass deck railings at 7.5% off through foca.on.ca/invisirail-offer;
- Home Defibrillators are 18% off for our members from Action First Aid. www.foca.on.ca/action-first-aid-aed-offer/
Go to www.foca.on.ca any time to check out current offers available to members like us! You need to have a current LBPOA membership to qualify.
Members of the Lake Bernard Property Owners’ Association contribute $30 per family each year. Some of the funds are used for annual meetings, handouts and other administrative expenses. Water safety measures are funded as agreed upon by members, including the maintenance of buoys around the lake. Members also vote annually to make contributions to community services like the Sundridge Public Library, the Canada Day fireworks and the Splash Pad, all which are actively enjoyed by many members, and other initiatives may always be proposed by members at our annual meeting. The LBPOA Executive meet on a regular basis and work on issues raised by members such as community events, lake health, road quality and more.
Membership dues can be paid:
– Online, securely, at https://foca.on.ca/product/lake-bernard-property-owners-association/
– By e-mail to email@example.com and use the password Bernard.
– By regular mail: Our mailing address is LBPOA, Box 428, Sundridge, Ontario, P0A 1ZO
– In person: pay your dues this year at our Cheers to Summer Event, Annual General Meeting or Sunflower Festival.
Who we are:
We are your Lake Bernard Property Owners’ Association, a community of property owners around the lake with a shared interest in protecting and improving the beautiful environment and community of Lake Bernard, Ontario. On this website we hope to keep you up to date with local news, events and issues you are interested in..
Our mission statement:
The LBPOA takes seriously our collective responsibility to preserve the legacy of our lake. We hope you will enjoy and help protect our most precious resource. We act:
a. To safeguard and promote the interests of the owners of real property in the district surrounding Lake Bernard,
b. To consider and promote all matters relating to the welfare of the community in the district surrounding Lake Bernard, and
c. To plan, recommend and promote the adoption of such measures as will tend to beautify and improve the community.
The largest freshwater lake in the world without an island:
Residents on the shores of beautiful Lake Bernard are passionate about our lake! Its claim to fame is as the largest fresh-water lake in the world without an island, but we know it as a large, quiet lake great for swimming, sailing, canoeing, waterskiing, fishing and so much more. The friendly community of Sundridge at the north end of Lake Bernard and the surrounding area around the lake offer holiday accommodations, great restaurants and all the services vacationers might need. Lake Bernard is truly a four-season lake with beautiful fall hiking and bicycling as well as winter snowmobiling, dog sledding, skating and ice fishing.
For more information on Lake Bernard, the Village of Sundridge, the Township of Strong, our region known as the Almaguin Highlands and one of our largest festivals of the year, have a look at the following online resources: